How to change your password:
To protect your information, passwords should be changed regularly and a strong password should be used.
Staff, faculty and students have the same password requirements:
- Minimum password length is 8 characters
- Old passwords cannot be reused
- Passwords will expire every 120 days
Staff / Faculty
To change your password when you're logged into the domain on your office PC:
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del and then click "Change a password..."
2. Type your old password, type your new password, type your new password
again to confirm it and then press Enter.
If you're logged into Outlook Web App (OWA):
1. Click "Options" which is located in the top right hand corner of the OWA window.
2. Click "Change Password".
3. Type your old password, type your new password, confirm your new password and then click Save.
To change your password, click on the "Student Password Reset" link on the Gmail login page (gmail.farmingdale.edu). Follow the instructions carefully.
Purchasing Guidelines for Computer Equipment
Procedures have been developed in support of technology purchases at Farmingdale State College. All campus technology requests need to be approved by the IT Department and purchased under state contract. This includes PCs, laptops, tablets, printers and MFPs.
Quotes can be obtained by emailing ITApproval@farmingdale.edu. In your request, include the make/model/quantity of the item(s). ITApproval will reply within 24 hours of the request.
For computer equipment, ITApproval is currently getting quotes for:
HP Elite 800 series (SFF/CMT)
HP ProBook 640 series
Lexmark MS510dn printer
Lexmark MS810de printer
HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425dn
HP LaserJet Pro 400 Color MFP M476dn
The computer equipment is EPEAT (Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool) Silver compliant or better.