Facebook Twitter YouTube RSS

University in the High School

This is a tremendous opportunity to earn college credit at a fraction of the cost and without the pressure of having to take Advance Placement exams. Enroll today and get a head start on your college career.

The University in the High School program enables qualified high school juniors and seniors to earn college credit for approved courses offered in their own school. Students who register with Farmingdale State College and successfully complete the course will be eligible to earn undergraduate college credits. Credits will be recorded on an official Farmingdale transcript and can either be used to pursue a degree at Farmingdale or atranscript can be sent to any other college the student wishes to attend.

Farmingdale helps bridge the gap between high school and college level study. By providing the University in the High School program to high school students, we allow students to take college level course work while attending high school. By exposing the students to this level of work and allowing students the opportunity to take advantage of the campus library and other resources, Farmingdale aspires to motivate students to continue college level work after graduation from high school.

Upon successful completion of a course, a student may request a transcript from Farmingdale. Acceptance by other SUNY schools is typical. While no guarantee can be offered for all American colleges and universities, we have found that such credits earned with a grade of C or better are accepted by a broad range of public and private institutions.

A database compiled by researchers at the University of Connecticut allows you to search college credit transfer information for over 900 colleges and universities, learn about their credit transfer/equivalency policies, and see a 1-5 star ranking of credit transfer likelihood at each institution:


The UConn database is a starting point for your credit transfer research. Consult individual college and university websites for the most up-to-date and specific information on course credit transfer and equivalency policies.

The fee is determined by the credits assigned to the course. A one credit course is $50, a two credit course is $100, a three credit course is $140, and a four credit course is $180. If you are a student enrolled in the free or reduced lunch program, you are eligible for reduced tuition at the rate of 50% per course. Confirmation of eligibility is required from your school by contacting either a guidance counselor, school nurse or other school administrator.

Read, complete and sign the registration and parental consent forms handed out by either a Farmingdale State College representative during a class visit or your high school teacher. Return them to your teacher with a check or money order (cash is not accepted) payable to Farmingdale State College. Please be sure to include the student’s full name on the front of the check or money order.

Registration for University in the High School courses is handled in accordance with SUNY policies. Once you submit the registration form and proper payment, you are enrolled in the course, and are responsible for the registration fee.

If, for any reason, you want or need to drop the University in the High School course (whether or not you continue to participate in the high school level course) you must tell us in writing. The following financial liability schedule will apply:

Date written request
is postmarked
Your financial liability
will be:
Your grade
will be:
During first three weeks of semester Cancelled Cancelled
After first three weeks of semester 100% of program fee W- (Withdrawn)

Also in accordance with University policies, outstanding financial liability to the University results in a hold being placed on student records. This means that future registrations are not permitted and transcript requests will not be honored until the liability has been satisfied.

The College does not automatically mail grade reports at the end of the term. The high school instructor will advise the student of his/her grade.

You can request a transcript. Transcripts may be accessed from the website.

If you attend Farmingdale after high school, your grades are already here; just tell your advisor at your first registration meeting. If you attend another college, you must send an official transcript from the college. Your high school transcript will not be sufficient. Transcripts may be accessed from the website. Visit the “Grades and Transcripts” page and follow the instructions there.