Farmingdale State College established the Institute for Research and Technology Transfer (IRTT) to support the region's economic growth and enrich the educational experience of students with modern technologies.
The Institute provides the industrial community with state-of-the-art technology in the areas of Robotics and Automation, Thermal Spray, Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) machining centers and turning centers, Stereolithography and Rapid prototyping, Computer Aided Design (CAD), Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM), and Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
The primary functions and services offered by (IRTT) are briefly described in the following:
- Conduct research and development of new technologies that can lead to the development of commercial products that will contribute to the enhancement of job opportunities and the prosperity of the region
- Transfer technology to bridge the gap between newly developed technologies in laboratories and industrial commercialization
- Offer the industrial community outsourcing opportunities and access to systems at the cutting edge of technology to reduce manufacturing cycle time and assist in bringing products to the market faster than the competition
- Provide specialized training, courses and workshops to sharpen the skills of our students with practical technical knowledge in CAD/CAM/CAE; CNC, Robotics, Quality Control and Quality Management
- Provide academic and industrial communities with access to advanced technology and prominent faculties who are experts in their fields